9 months ago
2x Embedded Software Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Our Client are looking for 2x Embedded Software Engineer for a six-month contract to enhance the software engineering capabilities of its Engineering department. Utilising the C language and working in a multi-disciplinary project team to update the capability of pre-existing firmware for a safety related project. You will be working across the entire development life cycle, from planning and requirements capture and analysis to final product approval.
- From Systems requirements, design and implement C firmware for embedded devices; Design, develop, code, test and debug software to required safety standards interfacing with hardware design and development as necessary
- Liaise with customers, internal and external as needed
- Provide post production support and maintenance as required
The successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate the following behaviours and skills:
- Learns quickly, willing to think "outside the box" using rigorous logic and methods to solve complex problems
- Helpful and assistive approach to resolution of technical challenges and understands the need to change where necessary and adjusts accordingly
- Positive attitude with ability to work as part of a team or alone with little supervision or direction
- Good communication skills (presentation, written and verbal)
Expectations, Background and Understanding:
- Demonstrable track record of robust firmware design & development through the entire lifecycle using embedded C for 8, 16 or 32-bit microcontrollers following required coding standards.
- Ability to generate unambiguous software requirements based on user and systems level requirements
- Proven ability creating appropriate software test strategies and operational confirmation
- The use of industry standard communications protocols associated with communication interfaces: MilCAN, J1939, CAN bus etc; knowledge of CANalyzer, CANoe or similar
- Working to safety standards such as IEC61508 or DO-178B/C
- Debugging and development directly onto PCBs
- Knowledge of Military/Aerospace software design lifecycles
- MPC5567 architecture
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must capable of obtaining UK MoD Security Clearance to SC level.