Crawley, West Sussex
£46.00 - £56.00 per annum
21 days ago
Embedded C software engineer required to work on a cross-platform maritime mission systems sonar programme. The successful software engineer will undertake Full Lifecycle Software Development programming in embedded C under the Linux operating system.
- Discuss requirements and implementation with the customer and the project team.
- Decompose requirements into a software design.
- Implement utilities/scripts to secure an embedded platform.
- Security Hardening and lockdown knowledge required.
- Extend and maintain the existing build processes.
- Define tests and testing the solution.
- Writing associated documentation.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Proven ability in the development of embedded software using the C programming language, under a Linux operating system.
- Linux system administration for the RHEL 6/7 operating system, with particular regard to; *Security enforcement using Firewalls, IPsec, LUKS, SELinux etc, *Custom configuration of the boot process (BIOS setup, GRUB configuration, initramfs customisation etc).
- Creating and maintaining bash scripts
- Seasoned in trusted computing using a TPM1.2 (Trusted Platform Module) using the TrouSerS API.
- Seasoned in the application of commonly used cryptographic primitives such as symmetric and asymmetric keys, authentication, and cryptographic hashes.
- GIT configuration management tool
- Must be able to work and has previously worked within an Agile team using the Scrum methodology and JIRA.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of POSIX API, GCC and C++ are highly desirable.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SOFTWARE ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)