Bolton, Greater Manchester
£15.50 - £22.16 per hour
6 months ago
Our client, a world leader in defence equipment, is looking for a capable and experienced Electronics Operator to join their state of the art facility in Bolton
**the role will involve twelve weeks of training on days, then move onto night shift**
Specific responsibilities include:
- Carry out tests on electronic equipment in accordance with test instructions, using specified test equipment
- Carry out setting-up procedures for testing, to include the awareness of the need for periodic recalibration of test equipment
- Ensure manufacturing test times are met
- Certify the product in line with Product Certification procedure.
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Carry out simple fault-finding procedures on electronic equipment
- Keep test records and reporting faults for rectification
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy
- Communicate best practice to other team members
The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus. They should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable.
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21/ONC
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate
- No colour blindness
- Manual handling training
- Lifting & Slinging training (Including overhead cranes)
- ESD training.