Crawley, West Sussex
Up to £55.00 per hour
11 days ago
The Hardware Engineering Manager is responsible for the completion of a set of engineering design/development tasks within the committed cost, schedule, performance and required level of quality. Covering a range of activities for example customer needs, mission, function, architectural design, and life cycle of the hardware solution (requirements and speciality engineering, design, development, integration and verification).
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies the required skills, allocates responsibilities to the various individual contributors and leads these contributors as a team.
- With the team, he/she identifies, schedules, co-ordinates and monitors the implementation of tasks.
- Manages advanced studies dealing with new functions as well as emerging technologies, as required.
- Is in charge of tasks focused on preparing, defining, specifying, tooling and performing IVVQ activities (as IVVQ Manager Role).
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Hardware Systems Engineering Management background.
- Management of Technical Risk.
- Supporting and reviewing product design activities.
- Proactive with a desire to integrate and find solutions.
- Adept at people management and liaison.
- Requirements Management and Development Skills.
- Understanding of Engineering Development lifecycles.
- Must have Microsoft Office suite experience.
- DOORS Requirements Tool.DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of SONAR Systems
- Knowledge of EW Systems
- Knowledge of Radar Systems
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK AN HARDWARE ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING MANAGER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)