Bolton, Greater Manchester
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour
12 days ago
Morson are currently looking to recruit an Electronics Engineer with Calibration & Maintenance experience for our Defence client based in Bolton.
We are seeking an Electronics Engineer to join our Calibration & Maintenance Team, to service Electrical and Electronic Test Equipment, including Special to Type Test Equipment (STTE).
* Calibrating test/measuring equipment to defined instructions, handbooks, drawings or specifications and providing technical advice/guidance on C&M measurement.
* Provide technical support to client functions.
* Maintain and repair test/measuring equipment to component level.
* Generating clear and comprehensive calibration/maintenance records for traceability purposes.
* Safety systems testing of Test & Measuring equipment in line with documented procedures.
* Provide Technical support to facilitate the efficient servicing of STTE to enable production testing of hardware and repair phases of the contract. Assessment of related equipment issues directing support services to resolve equipment failures.
* Represent Calibration department at Integrated Production Team meetings to provide technical information/advice when requested.
* Test facility commissioning & acceptance, ensuring configuration control of equipment and facilities.
* Perform Calibration, repair and installation of test equipment at client and customer sites in the UK and Europe.
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
* Minimum qualification: Modern Apprenticeship NVQ3. HNC/HND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering desirable.
* Proactive attitude to daily tasking.
* Innovative, team player who has a passion for calibration and maintenance activities.
* Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
* Commitment and integrity.
* Good communication skills.
Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance