4 months ago
Location: Templecombe, UK | Duration: 6 Months | Pay Rate: Negotiable
A vacancy exists for a skilled Electronics Engineer to apply developed expertise in the production of innovative and cost-effective electronic solutions that meet design requirements within the constraints of the programme budget and schedule. Areas of design include: Sonar Assemblies and equipment for a sub-sea environment, Hardware Engineering products, electronic packaging solutions and design to meet both CE marking and EMC requirements, linear and digital Power Supply modules, and interconnection design.
The role may include, but not be limited to the following activities:
- Design and development of electronic and electromechanical solutions;
- To carry out design activities in a team environment with other engineers;
- To implement hardware design requirements, with respect to performance, engineering features, interfaces and testing requirements;
- Work collaboratively with production and procurement to produce cost effective and easy to manufacture design solutions;
- To maintain and ensure compliance to related design standards, processes and procedures such as CE marking requirements. In addition, the creation of CE compliance documentation, such as technical files and LVD assessments etc;
- Provide support to the preparation of detailed estimates and bids;
- Generation of product technical specification documents, design, test and verification documentation;
- Provide trials and integration support as required; and
- Provide off-site support as required.
- PCB / PCA tools (Cadence - Design Entry HDL preferred or OrCAD);
- Knowledge of electronics packaging solutions, designing for platform installation (ship/submarine) and providing support to the preparation of design requirements;
- Proven ability in electrical/electronic design activities in both the digital and analogue fields;
- Knowledge of digital signal processing, A to D converters and DSPs;
- General understanding of Engineering Development Life Cycles;
- Ability to create engineering drawings and circuit schematics;
- Proven ability using lab equipment ie digital test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Logic Analysers, Emulators, Debuggers, Spectrum Analysis, etc; and
- The ability to design, manufacture and test electronic circuits.
- Network, Interconnection and or Power Supply design;
- Designing to meet EMC requirements; and
- Proven ability in the creation of CE & LVD technical compliance documentation.
An understanding of naval platforms is advantageous.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must have worked in the defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MoD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).