£42 - £45 per hour
about 2 years ago
Duration: 12 months
Rate: £42 - £45 per hour
Primary Purpose of the Role:
- To carry out general engineering tasks as required by the business.
- To develop innovative and cost effective electronic solutions which meet design requirements within the constraints of the programme budget and schedule.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
The role may include, but not be limited to the following activities:
- Design and development of electronic and electro mechanical solutions
- To carry out design activities in a team environment with other engineers
- To implement hardware design requirements, with respect to performance, engineering features, interfaces and testing requirements
- Work collaboratively with production and procurement to produce cost effective, easy to manufacture design solutions
- To maintain and ensure compliance to related design standards processes and procedures such as CE marking requirements. In addition the creation of CE compliance docuementation, such as technical files, LVD assesments etc.
- Provide support to the preparation of detailed estimates and bids
- Provide support to production as required
- Generation of product technical specification documents, design, test and verification documentation
- Trials and integration support as required
- Provide off-site support as required
Proven Ability / Skills
- General Electronic Engineering Skills and ability
- Strong demonstrated abiltiy of Electrical / Electronic Design Roles including at least a subset of the following:
- Packaging of electronics and associated cabling.
- Designing for platform installation. Ship / submarine.
- Providing support to the preparation of design requirements.
- Proven ability of electrical/electronic design activities in both the digital and analogue fields
- Knowledge of digital signal processing, A to D converters, DSP's FPGA's
- The ability to design, manufacture and test electronic circuits
- General understanding of Engineering Development lifecycles
- Ability to create engineering drawings and circuit schematics
- Knowledge using lab equipment such as digital test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzer, Emulator, Debuggers, Spectrum Analysis, etc.
- PCB / PCA tools (Cadence, Cadstar)
- Network Design
- Designing to meet EMC requirements
- Creation of CE & LVD technical compliance documentation
- Interconnection Design
- Power supply design
- Understanding of Naval platforms
- The key areas of design undertaken for which previous proven ability would be beneficial will include:
- The design of sonar assemblies and equipment for the sub-sea environment
- Design and development of Hardware Engineering Products
- Design / specification of electronic packaging solutions
- Knowledge of designing to meet CE marking requirements and designing to meet EMC requirements
- Low voltage directive
- The design and development of linear and digital power supply modules
- Interconnection design
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).