£400 - £420 per day
10 days ago
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for hardworking and motivated Electronics Engineer who will be able to assist with the production / testing of safety critical electronics equipment for use in the railway infrastructure signalling system. This will be alongside supporting the design / development activities for point operating equipment electronics in accordance with the appropriate operating, quality assurance, safety and environment procedures.
Design and assemble a critical piece of railway equipment - points operating equipment - ECU - electronics controls unit
- Electronics engineers look after the design and testing before it gets sent out
- Deal with customer queries that come back
- Look into supplier issues
- Soldering wiring skills on circuit boards
What does the day to day look like?
As an Electronics Engineer, you will provide specialist and technical support to our key suppliers to support production queries and quality issues, as we as our route maintenance and engineering staff. Part of the role will be to work on designing and developing Electronic Control Units & other ancillary POE equipment, which also includes monitoring and supporting trialling activities.
You will also be involved with the fault-finding, repair and test of electronics equipment returned from the customer, handling the status of electronics test equipment whilst updating calibration records. In addition to this, you will prepare technical reports, test specifications, production process sheets and test records.
Please see attached full Job Description for this role.
What essential skills and experiences are required?
* Electrical/Electronic HNC/HND or equivalent qualification/experience
* Experience as technician/tester within an engineering role
* Ability to build test fixtures, including good mechanical & electronics assembly, soldering and wiring skills
* Knowledge of analogue and digital circuits and able to interpret complex circuit schematics
* Good written & verbal communication skills, computer literacy, ability to articulate technical information
* Proven customer focus with flexibility to respond rapidly to customer demands
We would also like, but not essential.
* Appreciation of safety critical requirements and responsibilities
* Understanding of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) for electronics equipment
* Schematic/PCB design experience using CAD tools
* Knowledge of Field Programmable Gate Array Logic (FPGA) technology and VHDL language
* Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO9001 or similar)
* Some experience of electro-mechanical actuation systems/ mechanisms
If invited for interview you will be asked to explain your knowledge and experience with circuit board manufacture including methods of PCB assembly and inspection standards and procedures.
To provide details of 2 years of experience performing electronics functional production testing and component level fault finding, including with both analogue and digital circuitry.
To Describe your experience and knowledge working with embedded programmable devices including microcontroller and CPLD/FPGA based systems