8 months ago
6 month contract - Loudwater, Buckinghamshire - Negotiable day rate
We are looking to recruit an Electronic Engineer to work for our client on complex sonar and communications systems in the defence sector. You will be responsible for achieving assigned engineering tasks and ensure timely delivery to customers. To support the engineering function in order that both project and statutory requirements are met and to improve the effectiveness of the electronic design function within the company.
- Generation of symbols & footprints to support PCB layout, design and schematic capture.
- Techniques for obsolescence management, including the selection of alternate component parts.
- Providing design solutions for electrical/electronic equipment, taking into account EMC design.
- Ensure compliance to customer and quality requirements.
- Production of design documentation including technical and design proving reports/CE compliance and Product Test Specifications.
- Electronic engineering/Physics degree or equivalent qualification.
- Use of Cadence, CAD Capture, Allegro PCB editor, CADStar, Altium Designer or Mentor Graphics/PADS.
- May be expected to travel within UK and abroad.
- On the odd occasion may be required to work unsociable hours to meet Project timescales/Customer Satisfaction.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the projects involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level.