Katie Robson Hill
10 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for a PCB/Electronics Design Engineer on a permanent basis. This is an opportunity to work in the maritime/defence industry in Dorset.
We are looking for an experienced Electronics Design Engineer in the field of Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) for mixed signal circuits, power circuits and radio frequency (RF) circuits.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create, design or maintain schematic PCB designs and bills of material
- Design mixed signal circuits both from own schematics and from schematics generated by other design engineers
- Create and maintain PCB component libraries within the Schematic / PCB CAD and PLM systems
- Maintain schematic / PCB design documentation, applying effective change management and configuration control
- Supporting documentation at an appropriate level for each project
- Collaborate with electrical electronic designers to ensure integrity of electrical / electronic design aspects
- Collaborate with mechanical designers to ensure integrity of mechanical and thermal design aspects
- Liaising with PCB manufacturers to clarify design requirements and resolve problems encountered manufacturing bare boards
- Liaising with electronics manufacturers to clarify design requirements and resolve problems encountered manufacturing populated PCB assemblies
- Working with PCB manufacturers / assemblers to understand their production capabilities and limitations - enabling the client's PCB designs to be reliably and cost-effectively produced
- Generating technical procurement specifications and working with suppliers
- Discussing and solving problems with procurement and production departments, sub-contractors and suppliers
You will be educated to degree level or HND in electrical/electronic engineering (or equivalent) and will be able to demonstrate the ability to design complex PCB's. You will have good working knowledge of PCB and schematic design tools and will have experience of working within a multi-disciplined design environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience of design for EMC and knowledge of UK MOD defence standards and other relevant standards.