A cutting-edge maritime technology firm based in Winfrith, Dorset is looking to add 2 Electronics Design Engineers to the Sonar Electronics team, as a result of business growth.
The successful candidate will be supporting the delivery of bespoke electronics for integration into complex Sonar Systems, with a significant focus on high bandwidth telemetry systems. This includes the design of digital circuits using FPGAs, Analogue low-noise interface circuitry and power amplifier design.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, innovative and versatile and be able to work collaboratively as a Sonar Electronics team member and also alongside engineers in other disciplines and departments across the company.
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- Translate customer requirements into an electronics specification.
- Create feasible preliminary architectures from the electronics specifications.
- Carry out detailed design and implementation of electronic circuits.
- Derive verification plans to address design requirements.
- Prepare test procedures and traceability of these results back to the original requirements.
- Produce accurate written documentation to fully support the design.
- Be responsible for the delivery of Electronics and Sub-System designs
The successful candidate should have the following skills & attributes:
- Solid understanding of Mixed signal & Analogue circuit Design
- Solid understanding of Digital Circuit Design
- Knowledge of Debugging, simulation, Validation & testing of PCB and sub- systems
- Design from specification through delivery, with consideration for DFT & DFM
- Understanding of schematic capture and PCB design tools.
- Understanding of RF design and test
- Knowledge of EMC /LVD regulatory testing and product design approval process
- Understanding of SAR or Sigma-Delta ADC design
- Knowledge of implementing design using Micro controller, Microprocessor of FPGA
WE SEEK AN ENGINEER WHO HAS IDEALY WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)