Katie Robson Hill
0117 933 4590
2 months ago
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy and global customers to create products which protect lives at sea.
Due to the growth of their business they are seeking an Electronics Design Engineer to join their Sonar Electronics team. The successful candidate will be supporting the delivery of bespoke electronics for integration into complex Sonar Systems, with a significant focus on high performance sensor technology and high bandwidth telemetry systems. This includes the design of digital circuits using FPGAs, Analogue low-noise interface circuitry and power amplifier design.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, innovative and versatile and be able to work collaboratively as a Sonar Electronics team member and also alongside engineers in other disciplines and departments across AEUK. Additionally the successful candidate will:
- Translate customer requirements into an electronics specification.
- Create feasible preliminary architectures from the electronics specifications.
- Carry out detailed design and implementation of electronic circuits.
- Derive verification plans to address design requirements.
- Prepare test procedures and traceability of these results back to the original requirements.
- Produce accurate written documentation to fully support the design.
- Be responsible for the delivery of Electronics and Sub-System designs
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Electronics Design Engineer who wants to challenge their technical capabilities and to develop cutting edge technologies for a world-leading organisation.
The role is based at the AEUK offices in Winfrith, Dorset, offers a significant benefit package and will require SC Clearance.
What we are looking for in you:
B.Sc. (Hons) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (or equivalent)
Mixed Signal and Analogue Circuit Design
Digital Circuit Design
Debugging, Simulation, Validation and & Testing of PCBs and sub-systems
Design from specification through to delivery, with consideration for DFT & DFM.
Practical experience in schematic capture and PCB design tools
PA Design and test experience
General RF design & test experience
Experience of taking products through to volume manufacturing
SAR or Sigma-Delta ADC Design
Implementing designs using Microcontroller, Microprocessor & FPGA
Knowledge in EMC/ LVD regulatory testing and product design approval process