£45 - £46 per hour
14 days ago
A technology and defence (maritime) organisation are looking to add an Electronics Design Engineer to the Sonar Electronics team in Dorset. The successful candidate will be supporting the delivery of bespoke electronics for integration into complex Sonar Systems, with a significant focus on high bandwidth telemetry systems.
This includes the design of digital circuits using FPGAs, Analogue low-noise interface circuitry and power amplifier design.
The successful Electronics Design Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Translate customer requirements into an electronics specification.
- Create feasible preliminary architectures from the electronics specifications.
- Carry out detailed design and implementation of electronic circuits.
- Derive verification plans to address design requirements.
- Prepare test procedures and traceability of these results back to the original requirements.
- Produce accurate written documentation to fully support the design.
- Be responsible for the delivery of Electronics and Sub-System designs
The successful Electronics Design Engineer should have the following skills & attributes:
- Proven experience in Mixed Signal and Analogue Circuit Design
- Proven experience or understanding of Digital Circuit Design
- Proven experience of Debugging, Simulation, Validation & Testing of PCBs and sub-systems
- Proven experience of design from specification through to delivery, with consideration for DFT & DFM.
- Proven practical experience in schematic capture and PCB design tools
- Proven experience or understanding of Radio Frequency (RF) design & test
- Proven understanding of SAR or Sigma-Delta ADC Design
- Proven experience of implementing designs using microcontroller, Microprocessor & FPGA
- Proven experience taking products through volume manufacturing
- Proven understanding of EMC/LVD regulatory testing and product design approval processes
Electronics Design Engineer £45.00P /H 6 Months Contract Dorset (DT2) 37 hours P/W
ADDITIONAL WE SEEK AN ELECTRONICS DESIGN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)