£44.00 - £45.00 per hour + Ltd co
about 2 months ago
Electronic Warfare System Concepts, Requirements & Design Engineer
Luton - 6 month duration - £45 p/h Ltd
We are looking to recruit a full lifecycle Systems Engineer to develop concepts, requirements and perform functional analysis for an advanced multi-function EW system integral to a future multi-role combat aircraft.
- Definition, design and development of an advanced EW system to perform (i) passive and active surveillance, and (Ii) countermeasures to mitigate posed threats to the platform.
- Definition of requirements for the overall EW system and its subsystem elements.
- Liaise with design specialists to develop candidate concepts and architectures.
- Perform systems functional analysis and refine architectures for receiver and transmitter systems.
- Develop design specifications suitable to inform and guide implementation teams.
- Use modelling to explore the design space and perform system analysis and trade-off studies.
- Produce technical reports of key findings and recommendations for delivery to customers & industry partners.
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
- Strong understanding of systems engineering principles and experience of early lifecycle system development.
- Proven ability in writing and interpreting requirements specifications and designing test procedures.
- Knowledge of EW technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use (particularly RF systems).
- Proficiency in the use of mathematical modelling tools such as MATLAB and Simulink.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks (e.g. SysML) tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect / Rhapsody) and requirements management methods and tools (e.g. DOORS).
- Knowledge of military passive and active RF sensor systems, including signal processing and identification, and emitter classification would be desirable.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level). The client are happy to consider engineers who are not currently SC cleared, but you will need to wait for the SC application to be completed prior to starting.