Up to £41.00 per hour
15 days ago
Electronic Warfare Integration Engineer
Location: Warton, Preston
Duration: 12 months
Rate: £41 per hour LTD
An exciting opportunity exists to join an expanding team to deliver an electronic warfare capability for an overseas Air Force. This new role within a highly dynamic team is to help shape the development of the existing product into a highly capable, scalable mission data generation toolset.
You will work closely within the team to ensure the successful delivery of the capability on time and budget using lean principles and agile methods. A key aspect of the new toolset is the development of a new Graphical User Interface (GUI) and one of the major responsibilities within this role is to help the development of this functionality such that it supports the processes and procedures that the customer utilises to generate their mission data for the fast jet Aircraft.
A successful candidate should have proven ability with systems engineering principles, specifically those around system integration as well as experience working on medium to large IT projects would also be very beneficial.
The role will require an individual to work as part of a very close knit team but also with a number of suppliers from both the UK and Germany, therefore there will be a requirement for a level of travel by the applicant to supplier locations such as Germany or more locally within the UK such as Lincoln or London.
- Capture and defining specific IGS requirements for dissemination to suppliers
- Support to IGS suppliers in understanding these requirements where necessary
- Attend various design reviews during the development stages
- Support the supplier deliveries ensuring all required supporting documentation is delivered in line with contractual requirements
- Determine a level of integration testing to determine successful product deliveries from each supplier
- Perform the above testing on the fully integrated product
- Document the outcome of the testing and work with suppliers to address any shortfalls or limitations in their products or our own
- Package and delivery of the product such that this can be delivered by the customer team out in country
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Planning and maintaining complex programmes across a number of functions
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Project
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word / Power Point, Excel
- Communication, team working and motivation skills and lean principles
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).