Belfast, County Antrim
£45.00 - £50.00 per hour
8 months ago
Location - Belfast
Pay rate - £45-50Ltd per hour - negotiable
Duration - 3 Months initially
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Temporarily join our team of electronic engineers in Belfast where you will be responsible for the specification and detailed design of electronic/ electrical interconnect assemblies associated with our wide defence products. You may also be supporting the build, test and qualification of new electronic sub systems and assemblies. We need knowledge and skills in some of the following: -
- Requirements capture.
- System design.
- Design of electronic sub-systems.
- Design of electrical interconnects.
- Designing and validating the test solutions.
- Hardware validation and verification testing.
- Design Description Documentation
- relevant electrical / electronic engineering degree or relevant knowledge.
- solid background in designing electronic systems, as part of an integrated team ideally in a Defence Sector.
- Some practice of producing FMECA Reports
- Competent in the use of EDA tools, schematic capture, simulation etc (ideally Cadence)
- Some skill in the development of Electrical cabling.
- Understanding design life-cycles, including taking designs from requirements capture, system design, hardware design and test to final integration.
- Familiarity with developing Hardware to meet EMC/CE marking requirement.
- A good team player capable of working in a team or unsupervised as required.
- Strong communication skills.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SYSTEMS ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)