0161 707 1516
3 months ago
Our client BAE systems have a vacancy for an Electromagnetics Team Leader to join their team in Turkey Ankara working on the TF-X Aircraft programme
As an Electromagnetics Team Lead you will report to the Air Vehicle Design Integrated Product Team Lead and will support the Turkish Aerospace Low Observables Lead in delivering all aspects of Low Observables and Electromagnetic Hazards design integration activity for the in-country design and development content of the TF-X programme.
The role requires an experienced leader with good communication skills and the ability to work within a multi-cultural environment and in a truly collaborative way with technical specialists, partners, suppliers and customers.
You will have the opportunity to lead and direct the activities and outputs of the Low Observables Analyst role holder and will oversee the inputs of BAE Systems Electromagnetics specialists when required.
Your main responsibilities as an Electromagnetics Team Lead will involve:
- Coordinating of engineering design, development, delivery and qualification/certification activities associated with Low Observable and Electromagnetic Hazards control solutions.
- Support Air Vehicle concept development providing strategic direction and technical advice based on domain knowledge as a subject matter expert.
- Planning and execution of air vehicle concept Radar Cross Section trade studies and the provision of Low Observables specialist input into the definition of vehicle configuration options.
- Provide accurate decision making in the context of a complex programme with the integration and balancing of conflicting airframe Electromagnetic requirements, as well as contribute positively to wider engineering issues.
Key skills / Proven ability:
- Expert understanding of electromagnetics principles
- Knowledge of RCS control and reduction techniques essential, including existing Radar Cross Section data sources: analytical, theoretical, and experimental methods and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Electromagnetic Hazards - drawing on expertise of BAE Systems Electromagnetic Hazard Specialists when required
- Specifying, monitoring and analysis of Electromagnetic testing to support and advise specialist input to TA.
- Defining and monitoring Computational Electromagnetic data to support and advise specialist input to TA
- It is desirable that the role holder will be a Chartered Engineer of the relevant Institute.
- Working in an international classified environment with defined security boundaries and restrictions.
- Working across the Engineering Lifecycle with emphasis on the concept and early development stages.
- Knowledge of aircraft design principles and major systems which require Low Observables signature management.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all candidates will be required to undertake a full UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level) before starting. If the applicant is already SC cleared this will be transferred to the clients UK headquarters for the full duration of the project.
This is an overseas position offering the following benefits in addition to a competitive base salary:
- Access to Furnished & Serviced Accommodation or cash equivalent
- Medical and emergency dental insurance
- Immigration and destination services support
- Expatriation and Repatriation support