Belfast, County Antrim
£55.00 - £60.00 per hour + Ltd negotiable
8 months ago
Electro Optics Engineer / Optical Modelling Engineer
Belfast or Templecombe - 8 month duration - Pay rate Negotiable but circa £55 to £60 p/h Ltd
We are looking to recruit an Optical Modeller to provide expertise to our client on a sensitive defence project for an optical sighting system. The team are based in Belfast, however there is also flexibility for this person to work out of the Templecombe office in Somerset.
- To provide EO modelling and prediction expertise across all relevant programmes
- Predict performance of EO or IR sensor systems
- Predict LASER propagation and reflectivity characteristics including atmospheric scattering and turbulence
- Strong numerical and analytical skills alongside a good working knowledge of electro-optics
- Proven ability with modelling tools e.g. MATHCAD, Matlab, and Simulink
- Image processing/computer vision techniques
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all candidates will need to be capable of gaining a live UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level) prior to starting.