£45.00 - £50.00 per hour
2 months ago
Seeking electro-mechanical systems engineers to deliver the role of Requirements Engineer, System design and System acceptance for a military armoured vehicle programme. The roles will encompass systems design of sub party cots equipment with a view to fitting out and installation. Equipment will be communications, vehicle mission systems, surveillance and lighting.
This will involve;
- Requirements derivation / break down.
- Writing procurement specifications.
- Installation and integration methodology and fit out.
- Completing installation packs and documentation.
- Integration and fit out of COTS equipment.You will have demonstrable experience interfacing with internal and external customers, understanding system requirements, working with mechanical design engineers to specify and accept sub system designs as well as creating verification and validation programs in the defence domain.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Proficient in the use of Requirement Management tools (e.g. DOORS) and or;
- Seasoned in System design and development of complex hardware and software systems and or;
- Seasoned in working with subcontracted design element s in creating an overall coherent system and or;
- Seasoned in creating verification and validation programs.
- Proven track record of working and delivering on solutions for a defence programmes.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of vehicle system architectures
- Knowledge of vehicle acceptance within the UK MOD
- Possesses knowledge of the fundamentals of Model Based Systems Engineering and SysML.
- Experienced in the use of Rhapsody, Capela or Enterprise Architect
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK 8 SYSTEMS ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)