£36000 - £41000 per annum + good benefits & relocation/travel
7 months ago
Role: Electro-Mechanical Designer w/rotating electrical equipment experience (e.g. motors, generators, alternators)
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Salary: up to £41k + good benefits. Relocation or travel assistance would be required for the right candidate
My client, a leading electrical engineering company, is looking for experienced Electro-Mechanical Designers with rotating equipment (e.g. motors, generators, alternators) experience to join their expanding company.
The roles will be based in Rugby, Warwickshire.
The successful candidate would be involved with projects on all classes of electrical machines from induction motors through to major hydro-electric schemes and turbo-alternators. Working as part of a small team the role offers excellent job interest through involvement in a wide variety of design tasks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Mechanical design of new machinery (both the stator, rotor components and complete machines), upgrades and retrofits.
- Production of bills of materials
- Providing support to service and maintenance activities through provision and/or production of drawings as required
- Assisting the tendering and project management teams with winning new projects
- Production of winding and connections diagrams for a variety of electrical equipment
- Assisting with reverse engineering machines where design information no longer exists.
- Ensuring Quality Control and Technical compliance are in accordance with agreed contractual arrangements.
- Familiarity with the engineering design aspects of complex machines, preferably high voltage electrical machines
- Experience of working in an engineering design environment.
- Familiarity with a variety of manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to work either as part of a team or independently when required.
- Good documentation skills.
- HND/HNC level or above.
- Excellent CAD skills ideally, but not essentially, using SolidWorks.
- At least 5 years design experience
For the right candidates, our client can offer a salary of up to £41k along with an excellent benefits package including relocation or travel assistance (if required), as well as outstanding long-term career development and advancement prospects working for a respected, ambitious and forward thinking company.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction