£17.09 - £21.16 per hour
7 months ago
2-3 months +
Based in HM Naval base Portsmouth in support of Royal Navy, RFA and commercial vessels employed as an industrial electrical fitter. Personnel must have a deep understanding of electrical work and be able to carry out the various techniques used in ship repair and support industry. Suitable candidates will have a good understanding of safe systems of work including electrical work, confined spaces, working at height and RN specific safety operations.
In addition a basic knowledge of mechanical systems and associated equipment is required.
Candidates must be flexible to undertake tasks across any trade discipline as required. Must be prepared to work in a team to provide a high quality service to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure safe systems of work are carried out at all times.
- Read/Interpret Electrical Drawings, MDS and Guidance information.
- Undertake new system fits across all classes of RN vessels.
- Install various types of Electrical Equipment associated with an RN vessel such as motors, starters, control panels, Radar and associated equipment, weapons systems, internal and external comms.
- Fault diagnosis and defect rectification.
- Carry out Electrical Testing.
- Execute various crimping techniques. ERMA, Gold pin.
- Terminate multiple types of Cable.
- Install Cable Support Systems. Cable Tray/Basket/Conduit/Hangers
- Install/Reeve cables
- Pack various types of glands / transits. Roxtec, RISE, Brattberg.
- Terminate multi pin plugs such as 608 and Amphinol.
- Remove and install basic mechanical and constructive items as required.