Manchester, Greater Manchester
pension, bonus, lunch
2 months ago
Manchester United are recruiting a Electrician to be responsible for electrical maintenance work across Old Trafford Stadium, the Aon Training Centre (Carrington) and other minor sites.
Contracted hours are 37.5 per week but specific working hours are affected by fixtures and events and therefore there will be some weekend and evening work.
Assisting both the Electrical Services Manager and Electrical Supervisor, key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist the Electrical Supervisor with the maintenance of all electrical equipment within the stadium and any associated premises
- Ensure all electrical health & safety requirements are maintained across all sites, in line with current legislation and Company policy
- Ensure all electrical systems are kept in good working order, through the operation of a routine maintenance programme and completion of reactive works
- Where necessary carry out and manage small electrical projects; such as upgrades to lighting systems, small office fit outs etc
- Conduct regular testing regimes in relation to fire alarm and emergency lighting systems, escalating any issues to the Electrical Supervisor and Electrical Services Manager as required
- Provide match day/event attendance to ensure that any immediately required electrical repairs can be performed where necessary
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- City & Guilds NVQ3 in Electrical Installations 2357 or Achievement Measurement 2 (AM2)
- IET Wiring Regulations 17th Edition qualification (18th Edition preferable, but not essential)
- Level 3 Award achieved in the Requirement for Electrical Installations BS 7671 (preferable, but not essential)
- Knowledge of fire alarm and emergency lighting systems (HV and LV)
- A self-awareness of their own capability and skill, with the confidence to seek advice and escalate queries when needed
- A pragmatic and proactive approach to work
- A focus on continuous improvements in the workplace, with a willingness to develop their own skills & knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Other electrical qualifications will be considered upon review
This is a terrific role with an unparralled context for electrical maintenance work but considerations must be made about flexibility of work pattern before applying.
This role has been risk assessed and determined that a Disclosure and Barring Service check is required. It is a criminal offence for a barred person to attempt to engage with vulnerable groups.
Manchester United Football Club Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk in our work place.