Up to £35.00 per hour
13 days ago
Preparation of test procedures and test sequences for Satellite system testing during ambient and environmental test campaigns. Preparing, debugging and executing complex test sequences on flight spacecraft and test benches. Writing test reports and supporting test readiness and non-conformance reviews.
* Interpretation of electrical and functional test requirements from test specifications
* Provide test solutions to meet the test specification requirements, from planning and kick-off meeting, through test sequence coding, procedure preparation and debug to execution.
* Close out tests with Post Test Review and Test Report
* To provide technical inputs to project test reviews (Test Readiness Reviews, Post Test Reviews, Test Review Boards and Non Conformance Review Boards)
* Development and debug of Automatic Test procedures (ATP) using a bespoke high level S/W language (Open Center checkout system based on the Elisa language) to test the spacecraft systems
* Preparing and executing spacecraft system investigations in line with actions from Non Conformance Review Boards (NRBs).
* Support Spacecraft systems functional and performance tests during environmental test in Munich, Germany (Reference test, TVAC, Magnetic, EMC, functional and performance tests) and potentially launch activities in Florida.
* Work to company and departmental procedures and maintain adherence to EN 9001
Skills and Experience:
* Writing test sequences/scripts for execution of spacecraft systems tests including FDIR from the Central Checkout System (CCS).
* Electrical/Spacecraft Systems fault investigation and test sequence debug.
* Environmental and launch test campaigns.
* Preparing test procedure and sequences from test specifications, writing test reports and supporting test and non- conformance reviews.
* Electrical integration of equipment on a test bench or spacecraft (desirable, not essential)
* Programming and scripting languages, particularly writing and debugging Linux/Unix bash scripts is an advantage. Knowledge of a programming language such as C, Java, python, TCL, VBA would be useful but not essential.
* Competent in the use of various test equipment used for electrical measurements, e.g. DMM, oscilloscope, current probes, Data acquisition unit, data bus monitors (1553 MilBus and SpaceWire probes/analysers) would be an advantage.
* Spacecraft electrical and harness knowledge would be an advantage but not essential.
* Awareness of 'cleanroom' disciplines.
* Knowledge of Model Based Development & Verification.
* Willing to support shifts and travel overseas on test campaigns essential.
Education & Training:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION LEVEL: Minimum of a degree in an Electrical Engineering related discipline or relevant experience in a similar role for 5+ years
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY:
Spacecraft or avionic system engineering
Complex electronic systems testing