Up to £0.00 per annum + Negotiable
Rail Technical Team
7 months ago
Morson International are looking for an experienced Electrical Systems Engineer to join a Rolling Stock client based in the Warwickshire area.
- Capture the requirements and design the electrical systems that satisfy customer and business demands as well as industry standards.
- Working with third parties to capture, agree and document technical requirement specifications.
- Specification of catalogue equipment, creation and integration into company-designed systems.
- Designing or specifying the relevant test procedures.
- Act as design authority
- Undertake the concept and detailed design of electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- Produce Bill of Materials (BoMs) to suit.
- Undertake Failure Modes, Effects and Critical Analysis (FMECA) for systems
- Lead safety and reliability investigations, report outcomes and recommend solutions.
- Support the wider engineering and production team to resolve any issues arising from electrical systems.
- Support in configuration and commissioning of electrical systems.
- Validate and sign-off the work of others where this is within the bounds of your professional competence.
- Support the wider team to assist with the training and understanding of electrical systems.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience of specifying, designing and working with high and low-voltage electrical equipment, in particular 3-phase drives and motors, DC-to-DC converters, rectifiers / inverters, and IGBTs.
- Sound knowledge and experience of power, traction and braking systems as applicable to railway rolling stock.
- Ability to analyse energy flows and the implications for power, current, voltage and component sizing etc.
- Ability to determine the control logic required for a given system and translate this into new electrical schematics.
- Ability to 'reverse engineer' an existing electrical schematic and analyse the logic.
- Ability to write Technical Requirement Specifications, Test Specifications and Test Procedures.