£44.69 - £50.15 per hour + Ltd Company
about 2 months ago
Electrical Systems Engineer
Portsmouth - 6 month duration - £50.15 p/h Ltd or £44.69 p/h PAYE (including holiday pay)
We are looking to recruit an Electrical Systems Engineer to work for our client on a high profile naval engineering project. You will be working on the Power & Propulsion Systems of the T45 Warship.
The T45 Warship Technical Authority combined with the DE&S T45 Warship Approving Authority form the T45 Design Authority. This role provides governance and oversight of Engineering decisions that affect T45 Power & Propulsion Systems.
The T45 WTA Electrical Systems Engineer will undertake a defined range of engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to the T45 P&P DTA, T45 Engineering team and other functions, and/or to organise and co-ordinate aspects of engineering activity ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements. He/she will be responsible for providing electrical systems engineering capability across a broad set of challenges to meet the needs of T45 COM internal projects and the customer programmes.
- Support to the T45 P&P Systems DTA and electrical team performing additional tasking as directed.
- Provide evidence that the wholeship design intent is maintained for P&P Systems and transversals.
- Compile the authoritative evidence to demonstrate that design intent has been achieved and ensure that the design change has been holistically integrated.
- Support the T45 P&P Systems DTA to ensure that the T45 Safety Case has integrity, is comprehensive, coherent and consistent.
- Collate evidence to support the management of P&P system margins and ensure transverse engineering impact is recorded and agreed with the WAA.
- Ensure that appropriate Engineering governance is maintained.
- Provide oversight of the production of design change guidance.
- Ensure the embodiment of design change is in accordance with the approved guidance and management of design query resolution.
- Collate evidence for Naval Authority Certification submissions.
- Identify and propose opportunities for improvement of Platform design.
- Respond to technical enquiries.
- Support the verification of engineering requirements.
- Monitor the material state for divergence from the design intent.
- Complete Installation Inspections as required.
- Assist with Technical Investigations as required to identify RCA.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project all applicants must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level. You will be able to start with a baseline security check while the SC applications is ongoing, so if you are not currently SC cleared this need not hold up the start.