5 months ago
To provide functional structured Electrical Engineering support to the Principal CE & I Engineer in respect to spares management for electrical distribution & plant switchgear and equipment such as motors building services equipment. Facilitate and drive EIMT strategies on the HV & LV Distribution system & Plant equipment. Support switching activities for the EIMT task work and provide appropriate RAMS. Manage work teams acting as either, the authorizing person, or the Person in charge for complex isolations (Dual Source supplies) and task work. Carry out fault finding and remedial work on all levels of the HV & LV equipment hierarchy.
The client is a newly formed organisation established to design, build, commission and operate the first Tails Deconversion Facility within the clients Group.
The technology is utilised by other nuclear competitors but will need to be adapted to provide a modern, fit for purpose facility.
The facility is business critical in that it will be required to deal with the key enrichment process arisings i.e. tails.
To develop and continuously improve the electrical engineering strategies and systems under which maintenance activities associated with the Tails Management Facility will be delivered.
To assist in defining electrical maintenance personnel requirements and support the ongoing competence of this team.
During active commissioning and going into operation the key focus of the role becomes that of providing functional Electrical engineering expertise in support of client operations and providing technical guidance to all the operations and maintenance teams
- Minimum of 8 Year experience in the Chemical or Nuclear process Industry
- Sound knowledge of electrical installations for HV & LV Distribution to process plant equipment, battery systems and building services small power and lighting.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Electricity at work Regulations & 18th Edition wiring Regulations, and how we as a company comply with it.
- Knowledge and understanding of the different standards that apply to safely operating and maintaining switchgear and electrical equipment and systems.
- An appreciation of the importance of technical specifications and the ability to understand and interpret all forms of electrical drawings, safety & technical documentation
- Ability to apply diagnostic and problem solving techniques across electrical systems to support the team CE&I Team Leader and Technicians.
- Knowledge of all forms of motor protection and methods of starting and control
- Appreciation & understand of different equipment fault levels and protection studies.
- Sound knowledge of the CMMS (SAP) to assist the development of the working system to suitably manage the Electrical infrastructure Hierarchy, spares, where used; material master's.etc.
- Experience in managing small capital improvement projects
- Confidently liaise with vendors to provide solutions / improvements to technical issues on plant.
- Nominated Electrical person - able to recognise electrical hazards and work safely, prepared to work to achieve authorised electrical status to carry out complex isolations
- Ability to establish and maintain high standards
- Strong communications skills with ability to interface with multiple levels of the organisation is essential.
- The role holder must have strong interpersonal skills with ability to coach and reinforce desired behaviours.
- knowledgeable in the requirements of DSEAR Regulations
Education & Qualifications Required
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship within the respective discipline, together with HNC / NVQ (Level3) and/or City and Guilds qualification.
- Degree qualified Electronic/Electrical/Control Engineer with practical experience of all types of Electrical installations.
- C&G accredited programme - High Voltage Network Systems Operational and Safety Certificate (or working towards this qual)
- C&G Authorised Person - Low Voltage