Up to £32000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
about 1 year ago
As one of the UK's leading building engineering services companies our client provide building engineering services to the highest level. Their contracts range from the small single visit contracts supported by our nationwide network of Mobile Engineers, to large residential facilities and they are currently looking for an Electrical Supervisor to be based in Abingdon.
- To Supervise a team of Mechanical & Electrical Engineers undertaking PPM, corrective works & minor
installations. Plan and undertake project works using in house and subcontract resources.
To provide support for the Contract Manager
- PPM in adherence to set HVCA engineering standards. All in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act requirement and to company safety procedures and contract specification.
- Respond to Reactive Works to include all Mechanical & Electrical and minor fabric issues.
- Adhere to the out of hours call out rota (as required).
- Correct and timely completion of paperwork according to company policy and procedure
- Provide engineering condition reports and quotations.
- Logbook auditing.
- Good customer interface skills.
- Supervising a small team of Engineers engaged in the Planned Preventative Maintenance of mechanical & electrical building services systems, including pumps, valves, ventilation equipment, calorifiers, compressed air equipment and associated control panels.
- Identifying corrective actions, refurbishment opportunities, end of life equipment and preparin
- recommendations for the Clients consideration.
- Produce quotations for corrective repairs and minor installations as requested by the client and organise sub contract resources and spare parts where required.
- Prepare and coordinate minor project plans, programs & safety documentation
- Prioritise reactive works to meet the completion dates agreed with our customers, includes receiving, allocating and closing work orders using IMS and the clients Mainsaver system.
- Complete materials & subcontractor purchase order requests in a timely manner to ensure works are closed with all costs accounted for.
- Ensure that all sub-contractors are adequately inducted prior to starting work. Inspect the work when complete, sign off worksheets and reconcile all paperwork.
- Carry out electrical isolations in compliance with the Site Electrical Safety Rules.
- Carry out safety risk assessments and monitor work activities to ensure Engineers compliance with Statutory, Site, policy.
* Support the contract with first line IT support including the Tablet Computers
Technical Skills / Knowledge
- Demonstrate competence in all areas of your primary trade (with valid certification)
- Delivery of service excellence
- Good IT skills, Windows, Excel, Word.
- Competent Fault finding on BMS and Control Systems, 16th and 17th Edition,
- Apprentice trained with City & Guilds Electrical Engineering 236 parts 1 & 2 or equivalent
- Minimum of five years' experience.
Qualifications / Person Specification
Minimum of one trade qualification with bias on: Electrical Installations C&G 2330 levels 2 & 3 NVQ levels 2 & 3
City & Guilds 2391 inspection & test.
Good understanding of control systems especially Trend.
Mechanical aptitude, hydraulics, pneumatics
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.