6 months ago
Electrical Supervisor, Contract, Aldermaston
The role exists in order to develop and implement site mechanical arrangements across all aspects of site activities (e.g. Installation, Commissioning, Operations) in support of the overall project lifecycle.
The Electrical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that activities (e.g. audits) are undertaken to supervise electrical installation/maintenance activities for the MENSA project, establish the implementation status of the above arrangements and the reporting of such information.
The Site Electrical Supervisor will also undertake specific activities on behalf of the Electrical function as required.
The Supervisor will:
* Ensure that employees under their control know and understand the Company's Health and Safety Policy.
* Actively monitor Cavendish Nuclear and its contractor activities to ensure they do not affect the health and safety of Company employees, other workers, members of the public or risk damage to the environment,
* Liaise with Staff Representatives to resolve problems and/or disputes.
* Communicate at all levels with labour under their control on any aspect of the Company's business, which may be appropriate.
* Promote communications between those under their control and other groups in the location in order to ensure the team is working in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
* Liaise and communicate with the client and/or contractor on any aspects that are appropriate.
* Supervise employees under their control and ensure that all auditable daily records are kept.
* Comply with rules/regulations permit systems and safety requirements in force in the specific location and to promote these disciplines in all of those under the Supervisor's/Foreman's control.
* Ensure that work is undertaken in accordance with the prescribed Quality Planning associated documents and related legislation.
* Ensure that sufficient and suitable records of progress, by way of Daily Log and Labour Returns, are produced and submitted to Cavendish Nuclear Site/facility Management in a timely manner.
* Ensure that employees are aware of and understand arising issues and sign onto relevant Method Statements, Implementation Quality Plans, Risk Assessments.
* Ensure that the requirements of Method Statements and Implementation Quality Plans are followed and the relevant sections are legibly signed and dated as the works progress.
* Record any problems encountered during the works and notify the Cavendish Nuclear Engineer in Charge or Facility/General Manager of the details at the earliest opportunity.
* Carry out inspection duties where required and appropriate to their skills/experience/qualifications etc.
* Assess the training and development needs of team personnel responsible to the Supervisor and recommend appropriate action to the site Engineer in Charge/Facility/General Manager.
Key Result Areas:
* Minimum ONC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering preferred or approved apprenticeship (or equivalent City & Guilds)
* IET wiring Regulations BS7671 (IEE 17th Edition) trained (18th Edition desirable)
* Interpret and implement the current requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Regulations (BS7671)
* IOSH Managing Safely
* CSCS Card in appropriate discipline
* Site Supervisor Safety Training Course (SSTSC)
* NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
* 10 years Electrical experience, preferably 5 of which as Foreman/Supervisor, and 3 of these on site, -covering Installation/Maintenance topics
* Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation
* Interpret and work to Electrical Diagrams and Cable Cards
* Minimum security clearance of SC will be required
* Understanding of QC1 build