about 2 months ago
Electrical Supervisor, Contract, Burghfield
Due to the nature of the position, SC clearance is required
The role exists in order to develop and implement site mechanical arrangements across all aspects of site activities (e.g. Installation, Commissioning, Operations) in support of the overall project lifecycle.
The Electrical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that activities (e.g. audits) are undertaken to supervise electrical installation/maintenance activities for the MENSA project, establish the implementation status of the above arrangements and the reporting of such information.
Roles & Responsibilities:
To ensure that work is undertaken within in accordance with the safe system of work, ensuring work is effectively controlled and co-ordinated to minimise delays and costs in meeting construction programme dates.
The Supervisor will:
1) Be fully conversant with the Company's Health and Safety Policy and understand the responsibilities placed upon them.
2) Specifically in the interest of Safety they shall:
* Ensure that employees under their control know and understand the Company's Health and Safety Policy.
* Be fully conversant with the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and understand the responsibilities placed upon them.
* Ensure that employees under their control know and understand the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
* Operate within agreed systems/procedures applicable to the work of the site or facility. Full and appropriate, use of the services of Health and Safety personnel should be made to assist and advise in undertaking their duties.
* Ensure that all procedures and instructions, relevant to the activities being undertaken as detailed by the Company are known and complied with.
* Routinely check the workplace and activities being undertaken to ensure that these continue to be satisfactory in terms of Health and Safety and maintain a record of the checks. Particular emphases should be placed on establishing that plant, tools and equipment are available and safe to use. Safe access/egress to/from work coupled with the highest standards of housekeeping is equally important.
* Ensure that all employees under his/her control are instructed, trained and capable of undertaking their duties in a safe manner. Particular attention must be paid to non-routine operations. New or transferred employees must not undertake tasks without appropriate induction, instruction or relevant training.
* Be fully conversant with the Cavendish Nuclear Event Reporting procedures, undertake preliminary investigations of unplanned events and take prompt remedial action.
The Site Electrical Supervisor will also undertake specific activities on behalf of the Electrical function as required.
Key Result Areas:
* Minimum ONC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering preferred or approved apprenticeship (or equivalent City & Guilds)
* IET wiring Regulations BS7671 (IEE 17th Edition) trained (18th Edition desirable)
* Interpret and implement the current requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Regulations (BS7671)
* IOSH Managing Safely
* CSCS Card in appropriate discipline
* Site Supervisor Safety Training Course (SSTSC)
* NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
* 10 years Electrical experience, preferably 5 of which as Foreman/Supervisor, and 3 of these on site, -covering Installation/Maintenance topics
* Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation
* Interpret and work to Electrical Diagrams and Cable Cards
* Experience of working in a highly regulated industry
* Supervise build only 'to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations
* Knowledge of Control & Instrumentation an advantage