£20.00 - £24.00 per hour
14 days ago
We are currently recruiting for our Aerospace and Defence client based in Stevenage, this is a 6 month contract opportunity initially there is potential for this to be extended.
Main role and responsibilities
To perform electrical / mechanical integration activities:
* Highly competent at wiring activities, manufacture and integration of flight harness and test harness (crimping, soldering, looming, routing and repairs)
* Quality control inspections
* Excellent engineering hand skills
* Use of basic hand tools (torque tools, screwdrivers, spanners, measurement tools and etc.).
* Test instrumentation integration (thermocouples, heater circuits and accelerometers)
* Prepare, apply, handle and dispose of chemical and hazardous substances in accordance with COSHH requirements
* Ensuring workspace is kept clean and tidy in accordance with 5S policy
* Following tool control procedures
* Active participation in Continuous Improvement activities
* Ensuring correct completion of build paperwork for all activities you have performed
* Interpreting technical documentation (schematical drawings, wiring diagrams, 2D and 3D General Assembly Drawings, technical notes and integration procedures)
* 3D model navigation
* Support movement and lifting operations using overhead crane and other MGSE (Mechanical Ground Support Equipment).
Shift work and weekend work may be required in line with project demand.
You may be required to travel to other UK and International sites at short notice. Please identify on submission if this is not an option for you.
* HNC or HND in an engineering production or maintenance field
Or / and
* Apprenticeship in Aerospace/Space or other high quality production or maintenance field
Assembly experience of the following in high quality manufacturing area:
* ESA, aerospace or other high quality wiring experience ( flight and test harness manufacture, check out and installation )
* Harness securing methods
* Installation and removal coaxial cables / DC harnesses
* Detailed assembly and integration (equipment and processes similar to, or to the standard required for aerospace industry).
* High level of engineering hand skills
* Strong, demonstrable experience of using hand tools
* Tool control
* Technical documentation
* Handling and use of chemicals and hazardous substances
* Proven experience in a similar role
* Inspection of critical electronic/electrical/electro-mechanical hardware
* Previous experience of space/aerospace inspection and test activities
* Consistent experience in a similar role
* Previous experience of working in a cleanroom environment
* Experience carrying out structural activities
* MLI (Multi-Layered Insulation) blanket installation and tailoring experience
* Knowledge on RF systems
* Must be able to work at height and in a restricted space
This is day shift initially which is paid at £20.00 ph limitied, there is potentially it will go on to double day shift which is 6am-2pm one week and 2pm-10pm the next week. This attracts a 20% uplift, making it £24.00 ph limited. Candidate has to be flexible for shift patterns.