Up to £23.30 per hour
about 1 year ago
6 Months PLUS
Job Title: Build Inspector (Electrical / Mechanical)
Location: Stevenage Date Required: ASAP
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a space and defence client in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
Double day shift - Week 1 - 6am - 2pm / Week 2 - 2pm - 10pm Weekdays - £20% rate uplift for double days
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Electrical/mechanical Inspector to work in the Combined Propulsion Systems (CPS) and Satellite Assemble Departments, working as part of a team in an ISO class 8 cleanroom.
* Responsible for the verification of flight hardware using Drawing Work Instruction, Processes and Procedures. Raising and control of Non-conformance reports against compliant.
* Responsible for inline harness resistance testing against requirements, and reporting inconsistency.
* Reporting functionally to Head of Operations Quality.
* Electrically experienced or trained QC inspector who can read electrical engineering drawings.
* Able to verify the Combined Propulsion System and thermal Harnesses (wiring loom) hardware to drawings and work instructions.
* Measuring harness resistance and insulation resistances, recording and entering writing data into instructions or spreadsheets.
* Testing circuits with diodes, heaters, thermistors and thermostats in them.
* Digital mulitmeter.
* Millie ohm meters
* Variable Power supplies
* Patrol auditing Works Instructions, ACS and assembly technicians' activities.
* PC literate.
* Willing to work shifts when necessary.
* Willing to work overseas.
* Electro/Mechanical Inspector within CPS (Combined Propulsion Systems) Department class ISO 8 cleanroom.
* ESA certificated soldering knowledge.
* Willing to travel abroad for long duration.
Qualifications & Previous Experience
* Experience in electrical/mechanical quality control or related discipline.
* English & Maths GCSE or NVQ equivalent.
* Experience in Quality Control within a manufacturing environment.
* Recognised time served apprenticeship within the aerospace industry
* Experience within the aerospace or related industries.
* Science based or electronics GCSEs.
Ideal Person Specification
* Able to work in a team.
* Keen to progress and develop.
* Confident enough to challenge technicians.
* Able to suggest improvements in everyday ways of working.
* Ability to work shifts.
If this position is of interest please call Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516/ or apply on the link to submit your CV.