£40 - £46.75 per hour
6 months ago
Electrical / Electronics Engineer
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Cheadle Heath, Stockport
Rate: Up to £46.75 per Hour
We are looking to recruit an Electrical/Electronics Engineer for our client, a market leading sonar and underwater sensors company, to be based in their South Manchester office. This will be working on a mine hunting project geared towards commercial/shipping protection. Initially tasked for 12 months, however there is potentially scope for the contract to be extended. Candidate should have a proven ability of working on a mix of analogue and digital electronics / electrical systems across the full project lifecycle. In particular you shall be working on the development of cable looms, junction boxes, electrical schematics and assemblies.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
To carry out general engineering tasks as required by the business.
With the support of other members of the team, carry out more specialised electrical and electronic design tasks associated with design for the subsea environment.
Share their knowledge and experience with other members of the team.
- To carry out design activities in a team environment with other engineers.
- Writing test specifications.
- Supporting with the production of engineering documentation.
- Work collaboratively with production and procurement to produce cost effective, easy to manufacture design solutions.
- Provide support to the preparation of detailed estimates and bids.
- Provide support to production as required.
- Trials and integration support as required.
- Provide off-site support as required.
- Monitor compliance of designs against target costs and lead time.
- The Engineer is expected to monitor their performance against agreed commitments to Time, Cost and Quality.
- General Electronic Engineering Skills and ability
- General understanding of the full Engineering Development lifecycle
- Configuration Control
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive "can-do" mentality
- Ability to work in a team environment
- The individual will be expected to demonstrate a level of autonomy and show a logical approach to problem solving
- Proven ability of Electrical / Electronic Design Roles including at least a subset of the following:
- Packaging of electronics and associated cabling
- Designing for platform installation. Ship / submarine
- Producing key point manufacturing drawings in support of machine from model
- Producing detailed manufacturing and assembly drawings
- Providing support to the preparation of design requirements
- Understanding of Naval platforms
- Proven Ability in Electronic/Hardware Design, particularly Analogue
- The key areas of design undertaken for which previous experience would be beneficial will include: -
- The design of sonar assemblies and equipment for the sub-sea environment
- The design deployment systems
- Design and development of Hardware Engineering Products
- Design / specification of packaging solutions
Please note all applicants must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level, however this is not required prior to starting.