Crawley, West Sussex
4 months ago
Essentially this role is to undertake the design of electrical & electronics equipment to go into 19" racking, card frames, and modules for military and nuclear ruggedized applications.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specify Electronic and Electrical components, such as power supplies, data switches, rack mounted server PCs.
- Generation electrical wiring schedules and electronic design data associated with the design of 19" equipment racks.
- Assist in the management and delivery of hardware Integration, Verification and Validation activities. What goes where and why in the rack, integration solutions.
- Support the project engineering team - liaise with, and support other disciplines.
A SOUND UNDERSTANIDING OF AND PROVEN ABILITY IN THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED;
- PSU Design and Specification.
- Network Hardware Specification.
- Server Hardware Specification.
- Hardware Integration.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK AN ELECTRICAL / ELECTRONIC DESIGN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)