Up to £256.00 per day
2 months ago
Our Farnborough client has a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineer to undertake the following contract.
Tasks & Accountabilities:
As a key member of the production MFT your main tasks and responsibilities will be to provide hands-on enablement of design intent. You will be able to apply a qualified lean production system to UAV's platforms to and realise Safety, Quality, Cost and on Time delivery. As an electrical / avionic engineer you will also have worked in an AIT environment in either MRO or OEM scenario. You will be familiar with specifying test equipment and writing procedures for the use of the equipment.
* Creating MRP system shop floor routings / job card definitions / shop floor standard operating instructions(SOI's) / quality care cards.
* Definition of electronics/avionics and wiring tooling and test solutions in an AIT environment.
* Use of CAD (Solidworks, Catia).
* administration/configuration control (co-ordinate with design).
* Technical problem solving and support to production and supply chain.
* Perform Design For Manufacture (DFM) / Design To Cost (DTC) studies and provide input to design teams.
* Liaison with MGSE / Jig & Tools (Design, Manufacture, Calibration & Maintenance).
* Liaison with Manufacturing System Engineering. (Process flow, line balancing, capital investment items, facilities requirements).
You will also be responsible for:
* Driving production KPI's in conjunction with operations teams.
* Continuous Improvement of the production system in line with business targets.
* Enable Health and Safety target achievement.
* Enablement of the "Right First Time" Quality culture with associated business systems and feedback loops.
Required Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
* Innovative, agile and self-driven in a fast paced and changing environment.
* Educated to degree level in an electronic / avionics engineering discipline or equivalent industrial experience.
* Experience in an electrical Manufacturing Engineering discipline ideally within an AIT role.
* Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft or space electronics hardware production, aircraft wiring, avionic system installation and testing techniques.
* Experience creating, standardising or improving electrical production systems, teams and facilities.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Demonstrated Experience solving technical operational issues.
* Able to work in a multi-function team and matrix organisation.
* IT & CAD Skills.
* English to Negotiation Level.
* Flexibility to support multiple locations.
* Able to obtain UK SC Clearance