Greater Manchester, England
£19.60 - £22.25 per hour
Rail Technical Team
28 days ago
Morson International are looking to recruit experienced Electrical/Avionic Fitters to join a large name in the Rolling Stock Industry.
You would be responsible for:-
- Secondary fault finding (in-depth)
- With other team members will maintain good housekeeping systems of work areas.
- Will use IT Systems related to work being done, including systems related to safety and quality.
- Will carry out final work and process inspections as required.
- Will be capable of accepting training in other skills and carry out duties, e.g. forklift, road vehicle driving (if certified), attend call-outs and breakdowns if required.
- Will be capable of being trained in other activities/skills as required by the Production Manager.
Key skills and requirements for the role include:-
- Apprenticeship trained or equivalent with associated technical qualifications (ONC/HNC/City & Guilds) or recognised equivalent.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 - Electrical/Electronic qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working to procedures, work instructions and vehicle maintenance instructions
- Knowledge, and practical experience of train maintenance, or other transferable industry skill sets i.e. Avionics, Defence, Ex-Armed Forces (REME, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy etc)
Technical Skills & Competencies:-
- Technical skills in fault finding, reading schematic diagrams, work to technical instructions.
- Written & communication skills.
- Team worker and self-motivated.
- Problem resolution.
- Work under own initiative.
- IT literate including MS Office packages.