South West England, England
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + benefits
3 months ago
Our client operate within the defence sector and are responsible for the design, testing, research and delivery of high quality electrical technology used within defence, largely within a maritime application.
Please note - in order to be considered for this role, you must be eligible for UK security clearance
The production facility is largely assembly based, with a focus on efficiency, so experience with six sigma and lean manufacturing are highly beneficial. Any knowledge of fibre optics would also be highly advantageous.
* Generate Assembly Procedures at an appropriate level of detail to enable Production Technicians to reliably manufacture quality products and collect all key production and test data for full traceability
* Work closely with Engineering staff to influence the design of new products for ease of production and testing, taking an active part in design and production readiness reviews
* Work closely with Engineering, Production and Infrastructure staff to support the implementation and continuous improvement of production processes and facilities
* Support the generation, configuration and maintenance of item and BoM data within Microsoft AX (ERP)
* Identify and resolve emergent production issues
* Knowledge/experience of boat or vehicle wiring is desirable
* Familiar with IPC A-610, IPC J-STD-001 and IPC WHMA-A-620
* Have a good understanding of the implications and prevention of Electo-Static Discharge (ESD)
* Provide support in training, instruction and selection of suitable production personnel to match the skills required to production processes
* Design production tooling
* Support 5S, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methods
* Ensure all production processes and equipment adhere to AEUK standards for EH&S
* Work closely with Quality Assurance to ensure product quality requirements are met in full throughout the manufacturing cycle
* Monitor production times and yield and look to continually improve performance by the application of new tools or techniques
* Ideally have experience or qualified in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methodologies
* Experience with Microsoft AX or similar ERP tool is desirable
* Qualified to degree level or equivalent and worked in a multi disciplined manufacturing environment for at least 5 years.
* Able to instil in others a production culture supporting efficient manufacture of bespoke products
* Able to interpret design drawings and understand product specification documents.
* Able to generate and analyse production performance indicators.
* Able to work flexibly in a changing environment
* Able to apply skills and experience to achieve practical solutions to production issues
* Have a drive and ability for continuous improvement through process development.
* Possess a working knowledge of ISO 9000 requirements in a production environment.
* Self-motivating and able to work unsupervised.
* Working closely with Production teams, generate data and statistics on turnaround times, unit production costs, issues arising and recommendations for process improvements for the Team Leader.
* Have a good working relationship with key Engineering and Product Design Authorities.
* Working as a part of a team in a changing environment, meeting sometimes challenging timescales, ensure products are delivered efficiently, on time and to budget with minimum wastage
* Comfortable with change, self-confident, good planning and organisation, effective communicator, self motivated, flexible, ability to analyse, creative, good judgement, ability to influence, shows initiative, team player.
Interested? Please send your details or call 0161 707 1516