Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our nuclear sector client based in the Oxfordshire area has a permanent requirement for an ELECTRICAL POWER DESIGN ENGINEER
The Role is required to lead and manage engineering and design tasks relevant to your discipline in support of major decommissioning projects including reactor decommissioning. The Role is required to plan and manage the delivery of engineering and design tasks and lead areas of design from concept through to commissioning.
The Role is required to provide general and specific engineering support and advice for your discipline to assigned projects in accordance with standards and procedures required by the Nuclear Site Licence, other legislation and the Company.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an appropriate engineering discipline
Member of an appropriate professional engineering institution
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
Broad applied engineering background
Significant design experience from concept through to commissioning
Detailed understanding of relevant national and company engineering and design standards (ie CDM Designer role)
Able to understand complex plant, equipment and concepts to enable the development of specification drawings, design drawings
Broad understanding of nuclear decommissioning issues including radiological and industrial safety, remote handling, and waste management.
A technical discipline in Mechanical, Civil, EC&I or Electrical engineering
Strong IT capabilities across the Microsoft range, with ability to use other packages
Safety, Environment & Security
* Maintain your own safe & secure workplace, identifying safety, environmental and information security risks and hazards then apply STAR and report unusual occurrences
* Set out controls to ensure the safe delivery of tasks and ensure compliance with the local and Magnox Management System
* Maintain knowledge of the relevant local and Magnox management systems
* Identify risk on all work fronts and assess hazards and injury likelihood accordingly. Document assessments and record actions.
* Monitor the performance of Contractors and Supplied Workers to ensure they are delivering to quality and plan.
* Set and communicate work standards both within the team and to contractors (if applicable) and stakeholders.
* Reporting performance and potential overs or under spends and provide accurate expenditure forecasts.
* Establish and maintain an appropriate and effective level of stakeholder engagement.
* Effectively lead, oversee and direct a functional/support team monitoring performance and maintaining delivery to plan.
* Challenge the status quo and identify future opportunities through innovation within area of professionalism/ function/ business and process.
* Lead areas of design and manage associated technical interfaces from concept through to commissioning.
* Manage specific design and engineering tasks and co-ordinate with other Design Engineers and engineering support contractors.
* Provide engineering justification of methodologies and designs.
* Prepare procurement specifications for detailed design and build contracts.
* Ensure that design and engineering work is compliant with Company's management processes, current legislation and safety case requirements.
* Identify and apply appropriate engineering management requirements and standards and monitor their application.
* Provide technical and engineering support and/or manage specific engineering tasks in support of other Company projects.
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.