Newbury, Berkshire, S. E. England, England
12 days ago
Electrical Maintenance Technician, Contract, Aldermaston
Our Client require an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician to work on the Aldermaston site undertaking planned / reactive maintenance and installation activities on the Nuclear Decommissioning projects.
This role will require the use of RPE so the candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment medical and routine D&A testing.
Due to the nature of the position the role requires minimum SC clearance for site access and the chosen candidate must be willing to undergo DV clearance.
The Technician will: -
- Report to the WSO for all matters relating to quality and safety.
- Comply with all operating procedures pertaining to the project.
- Undertake all work as instructed by the WSO to the requirements of the task documentation, with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to plant or equipment.
- Comply with all rules, regulations permit system and safety requirements in force for this project and to promote these disciplines within his/her areas of responsibility.
- Record any emergent problems encountered during the project, and report the details to the WSO at the earliest opportunity.
- Perform shift-monitoring checks such as physical plant walk about.
- Perform tasks after appropriate training at the direction of supervision.
- Attend weekly toolbox talks on matters of safety and company policy.
- Assist as required with maintenance activities in line with the maintenance programme and maintenance instructions Operate Cutting, Lifting (hoists, cranes etc), and hand held equipment as required.
- Wear PPE appropriate to the task and ensure that PPE is in good condition.
- Perform any tasks involving the use/wearing of RPE, following the appropriate training.
- Maintain housekeeping standards before, during and after any operational/maintenance activities, clean up spillage's etc.
- Ensure that portable equipment has been suitably tested.
Qualifications and Experience:-
- Time served Apprenticeship or Recognised Training Scheme
- City & Guilds (or equivalent) electrical qualifications, including IEE Wiring Regulations 17/18th Edition.
- City & Guilds 2391 qualification, Inspection, Testing and Verification.
- Recent site Electrical Maintenance / Installation experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation.