Up to £0.00 per annum
25 days ago
Electrical Maintenance Supervisor, Contract, Aldermaston
Our Client require an Electrical Maintenance Supervisor to work on the Aldermaston site to supervise and participate in planned / reactive maintenance and installation activities on the Nuclear Decommissioning projects.
This role will require the use of RPE so the candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment medical and routine D&A testing.
Due to the nature of this position this role requires minimum SC clearance for site access and the chosen candidate must be willing to undergo DV clearance.
- Communicate at all levels with labour under their control on any aspect of the Company's business, which may be appropriate.
- Promote communications between those under their control and other groups on the site in order to ensure the site is working in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Liaise and communicate with the client and/or contractor on any aspects that are appropriate.
- Supervise employees under their control in order that all auditable daily records are kept.
- Comply with rules/regulations permit systems and safety requirements in force on the specific site and to promote these disciplines in all of those under the Supervisor/Foreman's control.
- Ensure that only Suitably Qualified and Experienced Personnel (SQEP) are set to work.
- Ensure that work is undertaken in accordance with the prescribed Quality Planning associated documents and related legislation.
- Ensure that suitable Risk Assessments (including the Point of Work Risk Assessment) have been undertaken, prior to commencement of work, in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate, site specific Health, Safety and Environmental and Welfare Plan (HSEW Plan).
- Ensure that sufficient and suitable records of progress, by way of Daily Log and Labour Returns, are produced and submitted to the Cavendish Nuclear Site Management in a timely manner.
- Ensure that appropriate Toolbox Talks are delivered at intervals as set out in CSG Safety Procedures (CSG-PRD-HSE-10).
- Ensure that employees are aware of and understand arising issues and sign onto relevant Method Statements, Implementation Plans, and Risk Assessments.
- Direct the timely production and maintenance of site documentation.
- Assess the training and development needs of site personnel responsible to the Supervisor/Foreman and recommend appropriate action to the Maintenance Manager or site Engineer in Charge.
- Record any problems encountered during the site works and, in conjunction with relevant parties, ensure the impact on the project is minimised.
- Assist as required with maintenance activities in line with the maintenance programme and maintenance instructions Comply with all rules, regulations permit system and safety requirements in force for this project and to promote these disciplines within his/her areas of responsibility.
- Operate Cutting, Lifting (hoists, cranes etc), and hand held equipment as required.
- Wear PPE appropriate to the task and ensure that PPE is in good condition.
- Perform any tasks involving the use/wearing of RPE, following the appropriate training.
- Ensure that portable equipment has been suitably tested.
- Perform tasks after appropriate training at the direction of supervision.
Qualifications and Experience:-
- City & Guilds (or equivalent) electrical qualifications, including IEE Wiring Regulations 17/18th Edition.
- City & Guilds 2391 qualification, Inspection, Testing and Verification.
- Recent site Electrical Maintenance / Installation experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation Reports to The Site Engineer in Charge or Maintenance manager.