Greater Manchester, England
5 months ago
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced electrical maintenance engineer. My client is a well-established, successful, progressive and growing. They pride ourselves on meeting the electro-mechanical needs (breakdowns, installations, shift cover) of our wide-ranging industrial customers in Trafford Park, Manchester and beyond.
If you're a qualified/certified Electrical or Mechanical Engineer with industrial experience who enjoys a variety of challenges and enjoys constantly learning & growing as an engineer, then you'll enjoy working with us.
This is a role that comes with a competitive salary, day-shift work, a vehicle, a supportive work environment and the opportunity to grow and progress.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as an Electrical Maintenance Engineer you will:
* Install and validate equipment and processes in the production area
* Ensure equipment uptime through preventative maintenance and process improvement
* Identify and troubleshoot processes and equipment problems to minimise down time
* Complete RAMS
* Identify process improvements to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time
* Work closely with the production team to support improvements which will promote productivity
* Produce and maintain all required documentation applicable to the role
* Assist with hands on training of production operatives on new equipment
Ideally, we're looking for
* 2391 Inspection & Testing Qualified (or 2394 & 2395)
* Industrial Electrician Training Apprenticeship
* Industrial Electrical Experience
* Familiar with completing RAMS
* Comfortable, calm and methodical when (ii) diagnosing a fault and (iii) fixing the problem whilst (iv) a customer is under pressure because their production line is at a standstill
* Able to work by yourself without supervision when on-site
* Communicate well with non-technical customers
* Relish the challenge of fixing a piece of kit you may not have seen before
* Comfortable crawling around inside machines and moving kit around!
* Communicate well by completing accurate & concise paperwork