Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Salary: Up to £40K DOE.
Start Date: ASAP.
Hours: Shifts- 4 on 4 off- 2 days / 2 nights.
Annual Leave: 25 days- plus holiday purchase scheme
Benefits: Pension, progression opportunities and many other perks.
About the Company
Morson Talent, a specialist in Engineering Recruitment is working with one of the UK's largest production companies. The company is a well-established company working with major brands for over 20+ years.
Job Objectives and Responsibilities
- The Electrical Engineer duties will be to maintain all plant, production, and ancillary equipment to ensure optimum production performance and minimise equipment downtime.
- Involved in fault finding on production equipment, preventative maintenance, and continuous improvement.
- Perform maintenance checks and procedures on all equipment and computerised plant, production, and ancillary equipment.
- Maintain functioning measures to ensure continuousness of production.
- In the event of breakdown, respond and treat as priority repairs necessary to minimise downtime.
- Provide support and advice on potential operational and performance improvements to the Production Manager.
- Maintain, advise, and recommend on spare part stock levels to minimise breakdown turnaround.
- Advise and recommend potential training opportunities to enhance production support.
- Be flexible in terms of hours to maintain continuity of production.
- Always work safely and comply with current health and safety legislation.
- This ideal candidate will be a skilled electrical engineer with several years of experience.
- You will be professionally competent and qualified to operate safely in electrical maintenance and repairs to drives, controls, 3 phase and low voltage equipment.
- You will be experienced in working with Motors/DC drives/Inverters/PLC's/PLC control systems/IT control systems.
- A self-motivated individual who is proactive, reactive and possess a strong problem-solving ability, providing solutions and recommendations.
- The ability to prioritise tasks/breakdowns is essential as well as carrying out root cause analysis and updating and improving documentation.
- Experience desired but not essential of working with AGV's, Conveyor systems, High speed printing presses (Wifag), Publishing and Inserting equipment (FERAG), Palletisers (Schur), Cranes, Compressors, Chillers and AHU systems.
- Well organised and able to work on own aptitude.
- Sound engineering knowledge and a positive attitude.
- Right to work in the UK/EU.
- Excellent communication.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Please contact me for more information: