£25000.00 - £52000.00 per annum + Good benfits
6 months ago
Role: Electrical Layout Engineer - UK Nuclear New Build
Location: Bristol, 2 minutes drive off of M4/M5 motorway junction
Salary: Up to £52k/year + good benefits
Start: From October 2018 onwards (due to need to obtain security clearance - client is happy to wait for canddiates to serve an apporpriate notice period before starting)
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Electrical Engineer with Layout project experience to work as Electrical Layout Engineer for our prestigious client in helping to design the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK.
Our client will be responsible for the production of the construction drawings for the new Hinkley 'C' power station project.
The role will be located in Bristol close to the junction of the M4 / M5.
The electrical layout engineer assists both the electrical layout and building layout coordinator by carrying out design work of the electrical layout engineering for one of the buildings of the nuclear island
Electrical layout engineering:
- Analyses and verifies the technical consistency of any input data received for the electrical layout within buildings (lists of consumers, list of boxes and cabinets, list of cables, list of instrumentation, etc.).
- Carries out electrical layout engineering and is proactive in optimising the installation
- Defines the distribution of the main and secondary cable trays
- Positions and installs the electrical equipment such as; cabinets, transformers and boxes
- Installs the instrumentation equipment
- Produces associated technical reports.
- Carries out change impact analysis on any electrical modifications in the building
- Manages electrical interfaces with other teams to ensure design consistency across buildings
- Interfaces with electrical contracts
- Provides input data as required when requested from contract teams
- Reviews input data provided by the contract teams
Monitoring the progress and management of changes:
- Manages and monitors changes requested by the various engineering teams.
- Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points.
- Regularly carries out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
- Prepares a regular status report on the model in the light of the latest input data.
The Electrical Layout Engineer reports to the Group Leader of the building, and works collaboratively with the electrical layout coordinator, building layout coordinator, layout engineers and system engineers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- General engineer with a recognised engineering degree (e.g. electrical or mechanical) - electrical engineer preferred
- Experience of layout engineering preferred
- Previous nuclear industry experience would be advantageous but is not essential
For the right candidate, or client can offer a salary of up to £52000 along with an excellent benefits package including pension, bonus and healthcare, and the opportunity to become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction