Up to £42.51 per annum
4 months ago
Morson are currently working in partnership with a top defence company and require 1 x Electrical Integration / Building Services Engineer to join the team on site in Barrow-In-Furness
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is looking for a different business focus to enhance their Electrical Building Services experience in a very challenging and fast paced expanding business environment.
Whilst BAE Systems PLC is an equal opportunities employer, candidates must satisfy the requirements for Her Majesty's Government (HMG) security clearance requirements.
* Building services design and design management providing day to day engineering guidance to projects. The role will based in Barrow and a flexible and responsive approach is required.
* Provide effective leadership of multi-disciplined teams on projects.
* Ensure effective delivery of projects in accordance with contract technical schedule and budget requirements.
* Develop design work scope and support the development of an agreed strategy and plan to deliver the Electrical Integration aspects of the project.
* Provide expert advice to internal and external clients on sustainability, energy and low carbon building designs and systems, reducing carbon footprints and energy efficient design solutions.
* Review and accept designs within a particular discipline on behalf of the design authority.
* Audit designers qualification and experience within a particular discipline on behalf of the project.
* Support the Engineering Manager in the development of designs.
* Provide support to the Programme's intelligent client capability.
* Support assurance to the Facilities Chief Engineer that all aspects of electrical engineering have been carried to an acceptable standard.
* Liaise with other engineering areas of Barrow site to ensure best practice is applied to the engineering of Barrow Site Redevelopment Programme and a common approach and specification where appropriate.
* Seek & share good practice & knowledge to continuously improve own practices and remain up-to-date with relevant technology.
* Adoption and promotion of Service Excellence culture.
* Support team in matters of technical understanding and areas of own expertise.
* Work within the engineering frameworks set out by engineering management.
* Responsible for ensuring all statutory, regulatory and customer SHE policies are complied with.
* Responsible for compliance with BAE Systems security policies. Duties require full Security Clearance.
Qualifications & Experience
* Degree qualified in relevant Electrical Engineering qualification.
* Chartered Engineer (MIET/MCIBSE).
* Significant relevant experience, in Electrical building services engineering design and project management with proven customer delivery performance and demonstrable knowledge of associated and contributory domains.
* City & Guilds 17th Edition Qualified, advantageous.
* Good working experience across project lifecycle phases, demonstrating a whole-life approach to engineering.
* Experienced at leading teams of engineers on projects.
* Experience in customer facing role.
* Experience of work on military establishments and/or BAE Systems home markets an advantage.
* Good organisation, communication skills and report writing skills.