Belfast, County Antrim
Up to £18.70 per hour
13 days ago
We are currently recruiting for 3x Wiremen for our major defence client based in Belfast. This contract is 12 months initially and expected to run through at least until September 2019.
Provide a flexible, adaptable, efficient and effective service to our internal/external customers, at all times. To work as an electrician, manufacturing cables and electrical assemblies, to the quality standards demanded within the missile sub-assembly, assembly environment.
Electrical & Mechanical Technician
- Methods Engineering
- Cell Manager
- Quality Assurance
- Design Authority/Engineers
- Customer representative for Factory Acceptance Testing (QAR)
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Cable assembly manufacture. Panel Wiring & Cable looming, to achieve the required dimensional visual standards as defined by assembly drawing and wiring schedule.
Demonstrate an understanding of general electrical assembly practices of soldering, crimping.
Compliance with Wiring standards as defined by IPC 620.
Continuity and Insulation testing against Production Test Specifications and recording of test results.
- Soldering in accordance with recognised company standard as defined by IPC-A-610C.
- Ability to assemble in accordance with circuit diagram requirements and under engineering instruction.
- Integrating and working in harmony with the established team so as to achieve targets.
- Become familiar with and adopting the principles of the 5's housekeeping standard.
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement activities that are ongoing within the work place with the goal of eliminating waste and reduce operating costs.
- Experienced PC user
- Manual dexterity.
- Quick learner.
- Working within a team.
- Ability to work under pressure (to tight deadlines)
- Must be capable of working to Manufacturing Instruction and Engineering drawings
- Knowledge of and ability to work to the quality standards required within the missile industry
- City & Guilds or equivalent.
- Can Do attitude
- Lean 5s experience
- At least 3 years in a Production environment or similar
- Experienced in the assembly/soldering/crimping of small electronic components
- Telecommunications systems knowledge, and installation skills
- Fault finding, and repair of looms and circuit boards down to component level
This is a full time contract. Mon-Friday. 37 hour work week. The pay rate is £18.70 per hour via LTD company or Umbrella company.