Bolton, Greater Manchester
27 days ago
Our Worldwide Client with the capabilities of designing and producing missiles and missile systems to the armed forces, based in Bolton is looking for an Electrical Fitter to start within the company ASAP!
The Electrical Fitter will be responsible for carrying out manufacturing and test tasks within the electrical department, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Certify the product in line with Product Certification procedure.
* Demonstrated ability / willingness to certify own work in line with company quality standards.
* Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
* Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
* Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
* Ensure manufacturing build, inspection and where relevant test times are met.
* Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack.
* Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
* Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
* Maintain a safe working environment.
* Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
* Willing to contribute to an environment of process improvement
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
* Formal technical engineering/ craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21.
* Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent.
* IPC 610 certified/ trained preferred.
* Possess experience in electrical wiring and assembly.
* Previous experience in the aerospace or defence industry would be desirable.
* Manual handling training.
* Lifting and slinging (including overhead cranes) training.
* ESD training. Start Time: 00:00
Working standard day shift Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
You must have a formal technical engineering/ craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21. Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent. IPC 610 certified/ trained preferred.
Please forward an updated CV and any relevant qualifications/apprenticeship paperwork to support an application for consideration.