Omagh, County Tyrone
Building, Construction and Infrastructure, Morson, Civil Engineer , Construction Engineer, Infrastructure and Support , Control & Instrumentation, Electrician , Electrical Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Quantity Surveyor
Vital Glasgow Construction
27 days ago
Vital Resources have been employed by a, well established and rapidly growing construction and civil engineering contractor, to assist them in appointing an experienced Electrical Estimator for their T&D Division.
As an Electrical Estimator you would be expected to perform the following:
- Access initial tenders in respect of attractiveness, selectivity, commercial risk and competition, and provide appropriate report to management.
- Reviewing tender documentation issued by the client and drive a thorough understanding of requirements.
- Accurately quantifying materials, plant and labour requirements for allocated projects, ensure that for pre-designed projects, enquiries relative to the supply of materials, plant and labour is satisfactorily dealt with and that relevant information, contractual and trading particulars are distributed.
- Prepare tender adjudication pack ready for sign off with senior management.
- Prepare Contractors proposals forming part of the tender submission, together with tender programmes, organisation charts, method statements etc.
- Provide a fully detailed tender based on a performance specification and engineer's layout drawings for a D&B project.
- Send out enquiries and work closely with manager and supply chain at tender stage to ensure that we have a correct and competitive, prime cost.
- Provide estimating work load planner and maintain a data base of bids submitted.
- Follow up bids submission and bid manage through to contract where required. This will include obtaining feedback on our price.
- Provide monthly estimating report to management.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in a similar role
- Degree educated (or equivalent)
- M&E Background
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package.
If you would like to know more, or if you would like to apply, please contact Jamie Nicholson or click the "apply now" link.