Up to £33000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
11 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking for an Electrical Engineer to be based in Reading.
- An exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Reading. Working hours for this role will be in alternated shift pattern from 6am to 3pm &9am to 6pm.
- To undertake all duties in a safe, tidy and responsible manner in accordance with H&S requirements
- Carry out the service and repairs of the diverse types of building services plant equipment under the contract in accordance with current standards and to safety procedures and safe system of works.
- Conducts repairs on equipment by checking for smooth operation of the same and replacing worn and defective parts.
- Carry out minor electrical works.
- Isolates defective equipment from power supply, checks visually for faults, tests mechanical parts for faults, isolates the problem areas and take corrective action to repair the problem.
- Install and replace electrical systems and associated equipment followed up with the appropriate certification.
- Assistance in the preparation of estimates / quotations as required.
- Taking an active part in the on call system
- Conform to safety rules and apply good engineering and safety practices.
- Must be willing to undertake company standard internal training workshops and work to GMP, (good manufacturing practice).
- Develops relationships with all clients and potential new customers and Work well within a team
- To ensure that all relevant paper work is completed satisfactorily to the expected standard
- Provide assistance to third parties and other team members as and when required.
- To work reasonable overtime as and when required.
- To be responsible for the care and proper use of equipment and tools
- Ensure that spares and materials are used in a cost effective manner
- To carry out other duties as may be reasonably requested by site management or the client
- Takes responsibility for your own workload and where possible ensure that the target times for each task are met
- Qualified to City & Guilds 2360 Part 1 & 2 or equivalent NVQ & C&G 2382 -10 17th Edition Minimum requirements
- C&G 2391-10 Inspection & Testing, & C&G 2391-20 Design & Verification preferred but not required
- Experience of installation, testing and maintenance of LV distribution system
- Experience of safe working practices and permit to work systems
- Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of key operational procedures e.g. time sheets, planned maintenance systems, Quality and Health & Safety, Risk assessment/ method statement and safe system of works
- Operational and technical experience with demonstrated potential within building maintenance arena (preferably in industrial setup)
- Valid full driving licence
- Smart, presentable appearance
- Personable and approachable
- Good communication skills
- Literate and numerate
- Flexible and adaptable
- A team player with the ability to work from their own initiative and take direction well
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.