£400.00 - £410 per day
17 days ago
Our clinet is looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer with rolling stock experience. The role is to provide technical leadership and support the technical delivery of electrical engineering and maintenance projects and ensure agreed targets of quality, safety, cost and time are met. To manage the demand for technical engineering input to the Essential Maintenance Overhaul Programme. To assure that changes are designed and implemented to be safe, fit for purpose and compliant with legislation and relevant standards. Lead and manage engineering team resource to deliver the above.
- Ensure current standards and good practice is applied within own discipline.
- Undertake investigations/inspections when required and provide professional reports giving conclusions, root causes, recommendations for action.
- Work closely with Engineers to ensure proper coordination to achieve overall system integrity.
- Manage allocated resources to deliver the work programmes.
- Plan and control engineers and own work output to meet project and technical requirements.
- Ensure delivery of technical reports, maintenance improvements and modifications are to required standard.
- Provide technical direction and leadership in the delivery of engineering support and services.
- Ensure tasks/projects are delivered within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Advise and comment on technical proposals to ensure compliance with statutory requirements, standards and contract documents.
- Provide input to Contracts and Contractors within area of expertise to ensure that the development, delivery and execution of contracts meet London Underground's requirements.
- Carry out inquiries into failures, delays, safety irregularities and other incidents to determine root causes and prevent or minimise future incidents.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Acquired or working towards Chartered Engineer status or equivalent.
- In depth knowledge of relevant engineering principles and standards and their application.
- Have experience with equipment or assets overhaul projects
- Knowledge of Rolling Stock Assets or equipment.
- Knowledge of people management processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of inter-dependencies between relevant assets.
- Ability to multi-task and has excellent planning, organisational and communication skills.
- Embraces change, strives for quality and drives innovation.
- Applies and develops knowledge and technical expertise.
- Ability to manage diverse resources (people and assets) to deliver multi-disciplinary tasks/projects.
- Experience in railway or similar operationally complex and safety conscious environment.
- Experience of Rolling Stock or equipment overhaul
- Experience of electrical and maintenance engineering, working at a senior level within an engineering team, under engineering governance and providing technical sign-off.
- Experience of technical document generation & review e.g. Instructions, BOMs, Specifications
- Experience of conducting condition assessments & trialling procedures.
- Proven record of successful delivery of tasks/projects.
- Proven record in implementing cost effective design solutions and contributing to their evaluation.