Long Beach, California
US$90000 - US$95000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Morson International currently has a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join an industry leading employee owned Automation Company in the Oil & Gas sector. This position provides an Electrical Engineer the opportunity to work with a company that has a team approach and social culture as well as a great benefits package and the ability to broaden your vocational ability as a Electrical Engineer.
5-10 years' experience with the design and layout of Electrical distribution systems for heavy industrial, oil and gas, refining, pipeline facilities or Bio Pharm plants. Must have field experience in the related field environment and be familiar with the use and care of Personal safety equipment
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from an accredited University or higher
None required, ideally PE or having EIT with the ability to obtain PE
For this Electrical Engineer they must possess the ability to outline the electrical requirements necessary for an electrical construction package and estimate design and construction hours to complete. Must demonstrate ability to interface with the client (engineers, shop personnel, inspection staff and construction contractors), direct junior staff and CAD resources to meet the defined project needs and schedules. Must be able to estimate electrical construction and instillation costs. Must understand client MOC, plant electrical and drawing standards. Must display the ability to direct others in the completion of specific objectives. Must understand and apply all client and company safety policies.
- Specific knowledge of the NEC to properly size and layout proper electrical distribution equipment and devices
- Experience with ETAP, SKM and Easypower software, power systems analysis, short-circuit, protective coordination, load flow, arc flash hazard analysis.
- Understanding one-line schematic, three-line and wiring diagrams and being able to check the consistency between the drawings.
- Proficiency in design, layout and checking of electrical drawings in CAD and ensures the technical correctness of the drawing by using applicable job standards, specifications area classifications, NEC and NFPA 70E, correct any materials and any other specific guidelines set forth for the job.
- Power protective relaying knowledge and programming experience is a big plus.
- Properly size motor feeders, motor starters, feeders breakers, MCC, transformers, circuit breakers and panels (120 volts through 5kV)
- Understand short circuit requirements, perform voltage drop calculations, connected load calculations.
- Ability to outline the electrical requirements necessary for an electrical construction package and estimate cost with some supervision.
- API & IEEE standards familiarity is a plus.