Up to £0.00 per annum
9 days ago
Our client is seeking an Electrical Engineer for a minimum 6 month contract role based in Grangemouth.
* React to unplanned plant failures, by assessing the failures and failure mechanisms, implementing repair strategies in order to return to service in the safest and efficient manor, using a RCA approach
* Support the review of preventative maintenance Plan and progress reports management, by collating information through SAP or ANTEA: UPS and Generator maintenance and overhaul, hazardous area inspections, motor and switchgear maintenance reports, MCC and starters, transformers
* Use of electronic maintenance system, SAP to generate notifications/work orders, purchase materials and services, plan and structure plant asset's and critical spare lists and record historic information and asset registers (for electrical and instrumental assets).
* Carry out preventative maintenance. Plan all maintenance activities, by collating work requests through SAP, creation of work order numbers, plan and communicate work requirements through planning department for weekly planning schedules, ensuring required resources are in place. Execution of planned work to individuals and team members, including permit request, correct isolation /lock off of electrical equipment, issue of work permits, monitoring progress of work, assisting and implementing corrective actions as required and closure of work activities
including removal of trade lock off padlocks and correct handover procedures.
* Originate (as originator) the permits for work on the weekly plan plus any additional work which may be brought up, primarily by production. This includes ensuring that suitable RAMS are available- in discussion with performing authorities
* Follow and implement instructions / procedures for electrical work, reviewing the plant Engineering Procedures for specific Engineering activities.
* Be competent to write and review written risk assessments in accordance with Management of Health & Safety at work act.
* Record and store historic work activities on plant electronic systems, including Microsoft word, excel and SAP. With photos, measuring of critical sizes/tolerances, to update asset records to comply with PUWER.
* Assist in the selection and management of critical spares, through sourcing of information, selection of spares, three quote tendering process and request for spares through material master and SAP
* Contractor management, through selection of services, purchasing of services through SAP
* Ensure, for the given domain, the technical analysis and the cost evaluation for requested interventions and assistance delivered by the Production Unit, granting the proper Job detailed description.
* Grant the Entry Service certifications assessing the consistency between the required and the delivered services and the required supporting technical documents
* Direct the process of preventative maintenance for electrical equipment, to ensure compliance with the Statutory and Integrity inspection schedule as well as compliance with asset maintenance routines for all electrical equipment, to ensure safe and reliable plant operation.
* Reference for the workshop E&I. He will collaborate with the E&I reliability engineer from asset integrity department, to get the objectives.
Electrical Engineering Degree with at least 5 years' experience
HND in Electrical Discipline with at least 8 years' experience, preferably:
- within also a top tier COMAH site
- experience in E, C&I (electrical, control and instrumentation)
- experience as supervisor of electrical jobs
The ideal candidate will be familiar and experienced in the following: Electrical HSE guide line ( e.g. HSE230, HSG 85, HSR25) and with the British standard related to HV, ML, LV and UPS.
Required to have a good understanding of PUWER and COSHH regulations, in particular for the application with electrical equipment.
Have an Electrical background on High Voltage and medium voltage, and relative certification/training (11kv-3.3kv)
Possess good people skills, with experience of managing contractors and guiding as well as getting on with
Have worked on major outages, plant shutdowns (TAR's), and be good at managing stressful situations.
Computer literate with Word, Excel, Microsoft project, SAP (Experience of CMMS), experience in a permit to work system, including isolation and lock off procedures.